AARP Foundation is seeking to fund the development or scaling of innovative, sustainable solutions to hunger that have the potential to make a significant
impact on community food security and sustainable food systems for Americans 50 and older.
Through a competitive RFP process, AARP Foundation will award grants to eligible local, state and/or national registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in the United States, in amounts ranging from $50,000 to $300,000.
Grants will be awarded under the AARP Foundation Sustainable Solutions to Hunger Innovation Grants Program. There are two models of grants: Scaling Grants and Innovation Grants.
- Scaling Grants will fund existing programs that have demonstrated success and require additional funds to bring them to scale.
- Innovation Grants will be made to fund ideas that have the potential to substantially contribute to greater long-term, sustainable food security for adults 50 and older.
- Deadlines : Sustainable Solutions to Hunger Grants Program timeline:
- Submit Letter of Inquiry by September 15, 2011 11:59PM(EST)
- Submit Proposals by October 15, 2011 11:59PM(EST)
- Grant Awards Announced in December 2011
For more information about this funding opportunity, please visit: www.aarp.org/hungergrants. For information about this and other AARP Foundation grant programs, please visit: www.aarp.org/foundationgrants.
Join the HEAL Campaign!
Select a county to find featured community projects that promote Healthy Eating & Active Living in New Hampshire.